Space is limited.
Date: Thurs, January 16, 3-4pm EST or Tues, February 4, 1-2pm EST
Course level: Beginner
Board members join your organization with the best of intentions. And can be among your most powerful assets. So how do you create an environment that causes board members to want to help with the important work of fund development? The key is to make the tasks of donor cultivation, donor acknowledgement and solicitation fun and easy to participate in so they become less scary or daunting. The truth? Your board members may need more clear direction and guidance about HOW to participate so it feels rewarding and is an integral part of their board involvement. In this webinar we'll discuss how the recruitment and onboarding of board members affects their willingness to help with fundraising. You'll learn communication and management tools and techniques to help make fundraising a rewarding experience for the entire board.
What you'll learn from this Live Interactive Webinar:
- When should the fundraising discussion begin with the board?
- What is the difference between fundraising and development?
- Whose responsibility is it for development outcomes?
- Why won't the board be more helpful? And how to get them to be helpful?
- What are ways the board can be involved in development and NOT have to ask for money?
- How to measure & share activity that will cause the board to be more interested in their role in fundraising?
- How to "train" the board to be an asset to your fundraising team?
This Webinar includes the following supporting materials:
- The supporting slides from the webinar
- A mini board self-assessment questionnaire
- A simple Board Matrix Worksheet
- 3 Sample Annual Board agreements
- 3 Sample Board Dashboards
- Recorded Version of Webinar
Presented by Lori L. Jacobwith. Lori L. Jacobwith has a passion for the positive. Her strategies & tools have helped nonprofit organizations to collectively raise more than $200 million from individual donors over the past decade. She has coached and trained thousands across North America to raise more money and powerfully share their stories. Lori is the founder of the Ignited Online Fundraising Community, the author of Nine Steps to a Successful Fundraising Campaign and the "must-read" fundraising coaching blog: Withism's From Lori: Boldness, Clarity and Wisdom for Fundraising Professionals. In 2013 Lori created the Imagine What's Possible Step-by-Step Storytelling System for nonprofits who want to raise more money from individual donors with ease. Lori lives in Minnesota and is a long-time member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals [AFP].